Sunday, March 21, 2010

Toner + Acetone = Art

I came across the most fantastic method for custom art on Twice Remembered.
You've got to check it out....I'm loving this idea and using letters for the transfer. The steps are easy, but she said it takes some practice.
Find an image you like, print it on a printer that prints with toner (print a mirror image), place face down on your service and use acetone and a cotton ball to transfer the image. It kind of reminds me of how you transfer temporary tattoos...but way cooler!
 Check out her blog for step by step instructions and photos.

I'm going to be trying this method as soon as I get through the pile of decor stuff I have stashed away....frames etc.

I told myself, no more collecting until I get some projects finished.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment